Project & Programme Managers
The PM Knowledge Evaluation is designed to provide an objective view of the knowledge profile for a Programme or Project Manager professional. Consisting of 78 standard multiple choice questions and an additional 12 company-specific questions, it covers the core elements of the APM Body of Knowledge (version 5) and the OGC Project/Programme Management approach.
The questions are divided into:
- Project Initiation - Business Case, Project Management, Project Life Cycle, Project Organisation, Quality, Project Success Criteria and Investment Appraisal
- Project Planning: Risk Analysis, Risk Management, Project Planning, Time Scheduling, Scope Management, Estimating and Resource Scheduling,
- Project Control: Handover & Close out, Change Control, Cost Management, Information Management, Project Review, Configuration Management, Earned Value Management and Procurement
- People & Projects: Leadership, Stakeholder management, Teamwork, Communication, Negotiation, Organisation Structure, Conflict Management, Delegation
- Specialist topics: Project Office, Project Sponsorship, Health & Safety, Portfolio Management, Requirements Management, Programme Management, Project Context, Issue Management, Governance of Project Management and Methods & Procedures
By analysis of these results, and comparing them to previous profiles gathered over a number of years, the Knowledge Profile enables managers to understand the strengths, development needs and opportunities within their group.